Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Big Girls Don't Potty In Their Pants!

That may be a hit song someday....Maybe not!
Paige was so happy that she finally got to ride a horse! She has been working hard to earn stickers on a chart and keeping her pants dry all day. The horse bribe was a huge turning point! Could she look any happier?
My Brother's neighbor was kind enough to let us come over for a ride!
I asked him the Horses name, he hesitated and then said Caballo. (AKA This horse had no name, and we were in the dessert... Ha! I guess it's song night! No there was no rain to get out of) Anyway, I digress!
The evening ended sadly. Paige was under the impression that Caballo now belonged to her! She cried the whole way home because she wanted the horse to come to her house. I asked her why she was crying to which she told me, "Daddy said NO!" I said, "what did he say no to?" She said,(with huge tears) "He said, No, the horse can't come to our house!" It was truly sad!
It is much better now and even though we have an ocasional accident Paige is always dry through the night and so proud to be a big girl.
(One day I suggested she wear a pull up to the store. Paige put her hands on her hips and said, "Mom! I am NOT a baby!")

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I'm looking at our blog! I didn't know you made a new one. Hope you don't mind. That is such a good idea to motivate her with the horse we just did a play kitchen thing that mostly sits and takes up space now!! Anyway, I just wanted to let you know I am looking, and also I LOVE that quote "Grant me the patience to deal with my blessings." I found a sign that said that once when I was completely struggling with my kids and it is right during the summer when john couldn't find any work after he graduated and I was miserable. I read it and it fit everything I felt perfectly, I bought it instantly even though I was broke. It sits on my TV stand all year to remind me that everything I have is a blessings but still sometimes I have to just "deal" with them and have patience.

    ReplyDelete